- 2 Handfuls of Pink Oyster Mushrooms (preferably organic) ($4)
- 2-3 Multicolored Heirloom Peppers (preferably organic) ($1)
- 10-12 Fairytale Eggplants (preferably organic) ($3)
- 1 bunch kale (preferably organic) ($3)
- 2 cloves of garlic ($.15)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil ($.25)
- 2 Tbsps. sesame oil ($.50)
- 1 can of full-fat organic coconut milk ($2)
- 1 box of maifun rice noodles ($3)
- Salt and Pepper (nill)
5 Servings at $3.38 per serving.
Mince the garlic and chop the peppers and eggplants into long and thin slices. Break the oyster mushrooms in its natural petals, cutting those that are too large. Chop the kale into long strips.
Heat a pot of water with salt until it boils. Meanwhile, heat a large wok or sauté pan with the sesame and coconut oil and sauté the garlic, eggplant, and peppers until tender. Add the rice noodles to the water and boil for 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile, add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add the kale and stir in for 30 seconds. Finally, add the coconut milk and stir into the vegetables for 1 minute over med-high heat. Transfer the drained noodles into the wok and cook together for 30 seconds-1 minute. Add seasoning to taste.
Plate and enjoy!